Real Pistachio Pudding
Try this next recipe at your party, it's always a hit and is packed to the brim with nutrients!
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk of choice (almond milk works great)
- 2 ounce Futters Pistachio Butter
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened (Vegan Earth Balance shortening for baking works well)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Slightly beat the egg yolks in a 2-cup measuring glass; set aside.
2. Combine the sugar, cornstarch or arrowroot and salt in a 2-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in the milk and pistachio butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, (the pistachio butter blends in nicely eventually) until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute.
3. Gradually stir at least half of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks, then stir the egg mixture into the saucepan with the remaining hot mixture. Boil and stir mixture for 1 minute; remove from the heat.
4. Stir in the butter/shortening and vanilla. Pour into dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
Makes 4 servings.