We picked up the Thug Kitchen cook book a few weeks back and have been burning through its recipes (We highly recommend it!). One of our favorites was this creamy slaw recipe that we altered just slightly to fit our peanut-free policy. As with any recipe that requires peanut butter, we've found that our Sunflower Seed Butter is a great replacement both in terms of taste and consistency.
Pair this with a zesty protein dish and you're good to go for a nice spring meal that won't weigh you down. If you need to stock up on Sunflower Seed Butter gram some here.
1. Peanut dressing: Mix the peanut butter and warm water together in a medium glass until it’s creamy. Add the rest of the dressing ingredients to the sauce and mix that son of a b— well.
2. In bowl, combine all the slaw veggies. Pour the dressing over them and toss it all around until everything is coated.
• 3 tbsp Futters Sunflower Seed Butter
• 2 tbsp warm water
• 3 tbsp rice vinegar
• 2 tbsp lime juice
• 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
• 11⁄2 tsp Sriracha
• 1⁄2 tsp soy sauce or tamari
• 3 cups each thinly sliced red and green cabbage
• 1 carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
• 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onions